Thursday, August 21, 2014

little woodland blanket update


 I mentioned several weeks ago that my crochet blanket is coming along quite nicely. Making a blanket was one of my Summer goals for this year, and though I don't think I'll finish it in the next month, it IS growing. Today I thought I would share a more in-depth look at my progress, as well as some photos!



For this blanket, I am using a simple granny square motif and 100% cotton yarn in "woodsy" colours (hence the name of the blanket). Because the squares are so small and light, they've been the perfect out and about summer project for me! I'm keeping all the squares in a small project basket my sister in law made me, and seeing them sitting in my craft corner encourages me to pick up my crochet hook every once in awhile. 



It's a little bigger than this now, as this photo was taken several weeks ago. But to be honest, I've taken a little break from working on this. I was SUPER excited at the beginning of the summer, but now that Fall is coming, I've shifted gears a little. Maybe this is partly to avoid needing to weave in all those ends? Hopefully I pick this project back up soon! 

(PS if you're interested, you can follow along with my progress on instagram under the hashtag #littlewoodlandblanket)

No comments:

Post a Comment