Saturday, December 5, 2015

our little announcement


So yes. If you're on Instagram or Facebook, you may have seen this little announcement already. But I wanted to take some time and post about it here as well! 

We are so excited to announce that our little family will be growing in June! After a bit of a rough first trimester, I can say that I am happy to be 14 weeks along and feeling a little bit more like myself again. 

It's been a challenge keeping up with the blog and even Instagram, and I've decided not to stress about it. I'm trying to just roll with the punches and take the extra rest when I need it. After all, somehow, without me knowing all that much about it, my body is growing a baby. Each week when I read about how our baby now has arms and legs, a sense of taste, or the ability to suck it's thumb I'm always a little shocked. All this took place while I was reading poetry and eating cereal on the couch...? It's such an amazing process and I am determined to mindfully savor each moment of it.


But really, I'm just so thrilled to have been given the gift of this experience. Our journey to this moment did not go as we expected it to, and we are thankful every single day that we're here now. 

Exhausted, but oh so grateful. That seems like the perfect place to be. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! As a mother of a five year old girl, I can repeat what others say: parenting is truly special--with ups and downs...the greatest gift of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy this very, very special in your lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations darling!!! I'm so happy and excited for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete