Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Holiday Movies



Just for fun, I thought today I'd re-share this little list of our favorite holiday movies, originally from Christmas two years ago. Since Christmas for me is about traditions and I can be quite a creature of habit, nothing's changed at all in terms of what movies I'll be watching this holiday season! So here's the list in all it's glory, with a few added notes in italics for good measure:

A Charlie Brown's Christmas
When we were younger, my siblings and I would watch this every Christmas Eve. And to this day, Christmas in my parent's house sounds like the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack. I've not been able to find it here in Germany, so have missed out for the past few years, though we've listened plenty to the soundtrack to make up for it!

White Christmas
One of my mom's favorites, we would often watch this while decorating the tree and of course singing along. Last weekend I watched this with Waldi for the first time, and it was so fun to finally share this holiday tradition with him!

The Holiday
I LOVE this movie. And, if possible, I think I love the soundtrack even more. (though I listen to it all year, not just at Christmas!) After posting the above photo on Instagram last week, I realized that it's basically identical to this photo from the same time last year. There you go- creature of habit.

Home Alone
This is Waldi's Christmas movie. We usually watch both the first and second during the season. Again, the soundtrack is stellar and puts me right in the holiday mood. And hooray! They're both on the German Netflix this year!

Love Actually
I love movies with multiple separate, yet interconnecting story lines. This has become a favorite holiday movie of mine in the last few years. Also, you really can't go wrong with that cast...

Elf
This always makes me laugh. (also, the knit hat that Zooey Deschanel wears would make a really great project some time!) The perfect Christmas party movie...and by Christmas party I mean eating gingerbread while knitting in pajamas of course!

So what are your favorite holiday movies? The ones that you watch year after year, that remind you of childhood traditions or cozy holidays past? I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

  1. I too love The Holiday! I wish there were more rom-coms like it - the meet cute explanation is the best. I don't have anything to add to your list, really. But I also love the cheesy made for tv Christmas movies, where all life's problems are solved in 90 minutes, just in time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first sweater project was the cabled sweater that Cameron Diaz wears in The Holiday. Needless to say, I'm a fan of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these movies especially the Holiday! it is such a great movie with so many messages. I want to watch White Christmas, I still have not seen it! Merry Christmas! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete