Monday, April 15, 2013

weekend craftiness




this weekend I was finally able to dedicate a large chunk of time to finishing up this embroidery project. I bought this kit from Rosie's Rags Craft Kits on Etsy almost 2 months ago now and still hadn't gotten around to finishing it! 

I'm pretty happy with the end result hanging on my living room wall. this was my first embroidery project since I was 9 years old, making a cross stich motif of a Beatrix Potter character. needless to say, I was bit nervous about my skills (or lack thereof). at first, satin stitch really had me frustrated. and while I don't think it will ever be one of my favorite stitches, in the end it turned out ok...well...so long as no one stands too close!

and now, well...I'm completely OBSESSED with embroidery! up until a couple of months ago, I had labeled it as outdated and unnecessary for my own crafting repertoire. how wrong was I!? actually, it's a stunning form of art and cultural expression. I am in the midst of reading and learning all that I can about it. wait till you see what products I've got in the works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment