Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Summer goals recap

I've had a lot of fun over the last months with my list of Summer Goals. I can't believe it's almost time to come up with my goals for this next season. But first, I thought I would check in and share a bit of my experiences and thoughts about each. So here's a quick recap:


1. journal every day

So, bad news first... I did really well with this for the first week of Summer. After that I don't think I wrote more than 3 times. I'm not sure what's happened, since I was an avid journal-er up until we moved to Germany. I'm thinking about keeping this on my list of Fall goals to see what I can do with it in the months ahead.

2. try new summer recipes

I had SO much fun with this goal! Not only did we try a bunch of new-to-us recipes, but we even discovered and created a few new favorites. Of course along the way I abandoned a few ideas but we managed to have a lot of fun with what we did make. You can see recipes and everything else I've written about food here.  



3. crochet a blanket

I've already shared a bit of an update on this. Nothing's changed since then, as I've been much to busy with Fall knitting for the shop to pick up this project. But I'm happy with how it's coming along and am glad I set this goal to give me the push I needed to begin. 



4. go to England (or France or the Netherlands...)

Well, we didn't make it to England, but we did make it to France! We spent several days near Strasbourg last week with some friends. We also of course made it to Denmark, so I would say that we accomplished the essence of this goal, which was to see a bit more of the countries around us. 



5. ride my bike just for fun

I had a lot of fun with this. Of course, we rode bikes everywhere in Denmark, but recently we've also been using the bike rentals that are free for students in Marburg. This has been really useful because we can bike together since Waldi can rent out 3 at one time. Besides that, I've also been on several bike rides to small villages close by.

so there we go! I had a lot of fun with this list, and I can't wait to see what next season has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment