Monday, March 17, 2014

belonging


"it just takes one person, you know. Just one person to make you feel like you belong" (quote from the movie the giant mechanical man)

This past week Waldi and I took a trip to Berlin with some friends. We had such a great time, and I feel like it was a real turning point for me. I am starting to feel like I belong here. I have friends, work, favorite cafes... I have new volunteer opportunities and creative outlets. Yes, sometimes I still miss what I left behind. But the truth is, things here in Marburg are good. I feel at home.    

Some of it is thanks to patience and stepping out of my comfort zone. But a lot of it is thanks to Waldi. He helps me see the good in things, encourages me to live out my values and makes me feel like I belong. 

Everyday I am thankful for that. 

(PS if you haven't seen this movie, you really should! it's worth it just for this hat...)

No comments:

Post a Comment