Friday, January 17, 2014

one word for 2014



I've had a bit of a slow start to the year and I'm loving it! Usually, I feel pressure to finish the old year off right and start the new one with a flourish on New Year's Day. This year, because of our vacation plans, I was able to spend the first couple of weeks really reflecting on this past year, and dreaming for the one to come. 

As I've mentioned multiple times before, I am a huge fan of setting goals. Often, this time of year I go a little bit crazy, so this year I'm trying to stay simple. I've set both personal and business goals, that I may share here in this space at some point during the year, but for now I just thought I would share my one word. 

I chose several categories to set goals in this year- creative, educational, health, and business. What's interesting about this is that I noticed that all my goals had a common theme running through them, regardless of my attempt to categorize them. That theme is learning. Now, this might not seem like a big deal, but for me it's pretty significant. Last year, my word was embrace. (As in: embracing the newness and changes happening around and to me) There were times when I was so overwhelmed by all the changes in my life that it was all I could do to keep myself afloat. I didn't have much time to go out of my way and learn new things just for the fun of it. Most of the year, I felt discouraged by what I HAD to learn! 

So this year, my little word is learn. And I am going to do just that- with excitement, creativity, and boldness.

No comments:

Post a Comment