Monday, March 7, 2016

monthly quote recap


 At the beginning of April, I will have been blogging (in this space) for three full years. My first ever post (geez...that's embarrassing) was a quote for that first month and since then, continuing to share these quotes every month has been one of my very favorite practices here on the blog. I've gotten a little more selective with both the photos and quotes I've shared as time's gone on, but these posts are something I continually look forward to seeking out and sharing regularly.

Another favorite practice of mine has been sharing a recap of each year's quotes every March, once I've collected a full 12 months of them. It's amazing to me how reading through these monthly quotes really reminds me of where I was at each month, some of the big and small things that were going on for us. 

So here are the quotes from this third year:




April: I want to be around people that do things. I don't want to be around people anymore that judge or talk about what people do. I want to be around people who dream. And support. And do things.
-Amy Poehler

May: courage, dear heart.
-CS Lewis (from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)

June: it is the courage to continue that counts.
-Winston Churchill



July: I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be
- Douglas Adams

August: I want to cultivate a deep sense of gratitude, of groundedness, of enough, even while I'm longing for something more.
-Shauna Niequest

September: that house was a perfect house whether you liked food or sleep or storytelling or singing or reading or just sitting and thinking best, or pleasant mixture of them all. merely to be there was a cure for weariness.
-JRR Tolkien



October: (I found my life when I laid it down) upward falling, spirit soaring, I touched the sky when my knees hit the ground.
-from a Hillsong Song

November: when you know what's important, it's a whole lot easier to ignore what's not.
-Marie Forleo

December: To me, fearless is not the absence of fear. It's not being completely unafraid...to me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.
-Taylor Swift



January: May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.
-Neil Gaiman

February: as the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness- just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.
-Laura Ingalls Wilder

March: Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition
-Steve Jobs


As always you guys are more than welcome to share monthly quotes on your own blogs (and even do a little recap post if you'd like once you've collected some!) Please make sure to leave a comment here if you do share so that I can find your post!

1 comment:

  1. These are all such beautiful quotes! I love the one from May especially - so simple yet so powerful.

    Wishing you many more wonderful years of blogging ahead! I've been doing it for almost 6 years (can't even believe it) with more or less interest during different times along the way, but I can honestly say, I'm so glad I started.

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete