Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tolt Yarn and Wool


Two weeks ago my mom, sister and I took a trip down to Seattle. One of the main reasons for the trip was to visit Tolt Yarn and Wool in Carnation, Washington. I've been following Tolt on Instagram for over a year now, and have been dreaming of visiting since the moment I heard about it. 


And it was sure worth it. This store is so beautifully curated and arranged, everything chosen with care and lovingly displayed. It was so much fun to just wander, to see many yarns for the first time "in person". I had never seen the Brooklyn Tweed yarns before and they are dreamy. There was also a great selection of some of my favorite yarns like Quince and Co, Létt-Lopi, and YOTH and more than a few yarns I had never heard of before. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if you have the opportunity to visit, I can't recommend it enough. (Also, if you can't visit in person, there is an online shop that's worth a visit)


I walked away with 4 skeins of Quince and Co Lark in the Damson colorway, and one skein of Insouciant 100% Jacobs Wool. The Lark is for a new design I'm working on and the Jacobs Wool I've got no project in mind for. It's from Washington state though, and as soon as I saw it, I knew I would be bringing it home. I also picked up a wooden gauge ruler and tin of stitch markers that I know I'll use for many projects to come. 

1 comment: