Wednesday, July 8, 2015

tastes like summer: recipe round up



I think my favorite part of summer is the food. 

Fresh produce. Berry picking. Luscious salads. Caramel iced coffee. Picnic dinners. Grilling in my parent's backyard. Canning. These are the things that make up a summer. 

So today I thought I would put together a small round up of some of our favorite summer recipes. These are the tastes of this season- what summer would be if it was a meal. 

Because, to be honest, sometimes it is.





from the r&s archives:

Basic Basil Pesto: because nothing says summer better than homemade pesto.

watermelon salad: I've been making this version again from last year but adding feta.

simple chopped salad: the perfect addition to a BBQ. I love LOVE this salad and will sing it's praises to anyone who will listen. (and make it for anyone who will eat it!)

perfect potato salad: because what list of summer recipes would be complete without potato salad? (though we eat versions of this all year round)

homemade lemonade: this link is for my recipe for Arnold Palmers but I often just make the lemonade. I've also started adding pureed strawberries to it for freckled lemonade. 

found through pinterest: 

hummus: this is not my recipe but I swear by it. I've never made hummus any other way since finding it. Hummus is another really great BBQ companion.

caprese salad: Perhaps the most iconic summer dish for me. I like it the classic way, but I'm intrigued by a few of these new takes on it: with pasta, with pesto, and with strawberries.

and finally...

cold brew coffee: because what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment