Friday, December 12, 2014

Dubliner Hat Pattern Release





Today I am very excited to announce that the Dubliner Hat Pattern is available both on Ravlery and in my Etsy shop. Yay! I've been working pretty hard on this pattern over the past month and I am so very excited to finally be able to share it today with all you knitters! 

This hat is inspired in part by an Irish fisherman's sweater made by my grandmother. Since visiting Dublin in 2013, I've been in love with this beautiful city. This would be the perfect hat for Winter days spent by the ocean, wandering through rainy city streets, or of course, heading to the pub to share a pint with some friends. I originally designed this hat for my dear friend Mone (it's German, so pronounce the "e"), who was kind enough to model the hat for the pattern photos. I love intricate cable and eyelet patterns, but I am also a huge fan of simple stitch patterns like garter, or ribbing. This hat incorporates both into a fun and wearable design. 









I also wanted to say a huge thank you to all the people who helped out with the process of publishing this pattern, specifically my test knitters! I'm continually overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of the knitting community, and this was no exception. Thanks for knitting though my pattern and sharing your thoughts, you guys! Also thanks of course to Mone for being my model and just generally an inspiring and lovely friend. 

Lastly, I wanted to share that I'm hosting a little giveaway for a free copy of the pattern over on Instagram. (You can find me @rwerwai to enter!)

2 comments: