Wednesday, October 8, 2014

on my needles: Sept & Oct


it's been a little while since I last shared what's been on my needles. For most of September (while my brother was here) I was making r&s products for stocklists and stands, and while there's still a lot of that going on, I've also got a few personal projects in the works! here's what I've been working on lately:

Hermione's everyday socks: I have a confession to make- I know I said I was excited to try the magic loop method, but I am knitting these on DPN's. Every time I sat down to cast these on, I ended up working on something else because I was a bit daunted. So in the end I decided to just go ahead and cast on the way I normally do. I'm still enjoying working on them, though I've only made it to the first heel. Have you tried the magic loop method before? If so, any tips? I could use them...

shop designs: I'm hard at work getting items finished for next week, when a friend and I will sell our handmade items at 4 different events here in Marburg to raise money for Open Hands. Mostly it's involved making both Archery and Moorland mitts, but I've got a few more ideas to explore before the week is out as well.

alpaca mitts: I'm making a pair of mitts for both Waldi and myself using the yarn in the photo above (in the yarn bowl). Waldi's will be green fingerless mitts, and mine will be two toned, and for once not fingerless! I've just cast on the first so I'd better get a move on!

pinecone & mulberry hat: In other news, I finished my test knit for Melody of Mandarine's blog! The pattern is so lovely and I'm so happy with how mine turned out. 

what are you guys working on, now that Fall has arrived? 

No comments:

Post a Comment