Wednesday, May 14, 2014

seasonal salads: spring


it's no secret that I love a good salad! and now that it's spring, I've got so many more local vegetable options to add to my salad mixes. Strawberries, asparagus, local greens...the list goes on! 

So today I thought I would share a few simple salads inspired by this new season of spring we find ourselves in. Obviously they are not completely seasonal (hello avocado!) but for the most part, everything came from as close to us as possible. 

to make the first spring salad, I used greens and strawberries grown here in Germany and basil from our little herb garden. I added avocado, as mentioned above but you could easily swap that for some grilled green asparagus to keep it local. For the dressing I mixed olive oil and mustard with a delicious local honey. 



the second salad I made a little earlier in the season. I again used greens and radishes grown here in Germany and chives from our herb garden. I added a hard boiled egg for a little protein, also from the area. Then I added chopped celery, sprinkled on some sunflower seeds and then finally drizzled olive oil on top for a little extra deliciousness! 

If it's Spring where you are, then I hope that you're enjoying this new season and all the yummy treats it brings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment