Friday, May 9, 2014

let's talk podcasts!



recently, I have been coming home from work and spending my late afternoons crafting to podcasts. I don't know why it took me so long to discover how awesome they are, but now that I have, I'm hooked! As I've mentioned before, I love to learn new things, and I thought as part of my one word for 2014, I would share with you a few of my favorite podcasts, just in case you want to give any of them a listen!
So, here they are, in no particular order.

1. knit.fm (with Pam Allen & Hannah Fettig)

This is the first podcast that I discovered and immediately fell in love with. Pam and Hannah are both so knowledgeable and SO easy to listen to! I am always checking back to see if they have a new episode. It's probably a little obsessive...

2. Elise Gets Crafty (with Elise Blaha Cripe)

I've been faithfully reading Elise's blog for about a year and a half now, and I was so SO excited when I read that she was starting a podcast. That woman is amazing. I love the honest way she writes and shares, and the topics covered on this podcast are so interesting and helpful. I'm learning so much from listening in every week!

3. A Homespun House (with Molly)

This is actually a video podcast, which is so lovely as Molly shares a lot of her WIP's and FO's and it's super great to be able to actually see them as she talks about them. I mentioned on Wednesday that she's inspired me to take up sock knitting, but it doesn't stop there! This podcast has given me a long list of things I'm now inspired to try.

4. After the Jump (with Grace Bonny)

I recently came across this episode of the After the Jump podcast and knew right away that I wanted to hear more! I've only had the chance to go back and listen to a few episodes, but so far each one has been really interesting and challenging. Can't wait to hear more!

5. Anne's Kitchen (with Anne Faber)

Ok, ok...so this is a cooking show and not a podcast, but it's so lovely I just had to include it! Anne is originally from Luxembourg, but lives in London and cooks food with a strong British influence. These videos are not in English but there are subtitles, and apparently people in Luxembourg speak something similar to German so it's quite funny hearing the similarities there.

and there you have it! Are you a fan of podcasts too? I'd love to hear what some of your favorites are as I'm always looking for good suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. I knew the Afer The Jump, and realllyyy love it!!
    I'm gonna try the ELISE GETS CRAFTY.

    Thanks Ruthie,
    Love
    Cat

    ReplyDelete