Monday, May 26, 2014

a little perspective...and an end to the silence


things have been quiet around here for the last week or so. Saturday marked the end of a week-long break I took from instagram, blogs, and podcasts. It's not that I don't love all these things (because I do) and it isn't that I don't think they're great tools for learning and inspiration (because they are). Rather it was simply that I felt I needed to turn down the noise a little bit, and get a change of perspective. Find inspiration in reading a novel, going for a bike ride, starting a new craft project, or sharing a simple meal with friends. I do all of these activities on a regular basis, but something about deliberately bringing myself to a quieter state of mind really opened my eyes to how delightful they each are. I am so thankful for this simple and endlessly beautiful life I've been given. 

so, I'm back to sharing here regularly again. But you can bet I'll be doing this again some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment