Monday, April 7, 2014

cozy things bookmark DIY


 late last Friday afternoon, I decided I needed a bookmark. I'm always finding scraps of paper in my pockets or receipts or business cards to use to mark my place in a book, and while these work, they're just not quite as fun as having an actual bookmark. 

So I decided to make one. And since I like how it turned out, I thought I would share it with all of you. This literally took me 10 mins, and it's so easy that I'm not sure it even counts as a tutorial! But anyways, here's how I made mine:



you will need:

a piece of pretty paper (I used brown card stock)
alphabet stamp set & ink pad
single hole punch
scissors & ruler & pencil
yarn or twine
pretty colored washi tape (optional)

Step one: use your ruler to draw out the shape of your bookmark on your paper and cut it out. Make sure it will be large enough for whatever words you want to stamp on it! (mine is 2x6 inches)



Step two: Think of three cozy things (or just things you love) and stamp your words in the bottom right hand corner using your stamp set. If you don't have a alphabet stamp set, you could just write them on.

Step three: punch a hole in the top and tie your yarn or twine through it, leaving two tails to hang out the top of your book. If you want, add a little piece of washi tape to the top left corner. You don't have to, but I like the little pop of color it adds. Of course, you could add colored ribbon or yarn for the same effect.



Step four: make yourself a cup of coffee and curl up on the couch with your book on a rainy Sunday afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment