Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March's Quote


"courage doesn't always roar. sometimes courage is the quiet voice and the end of the day saying, 'I will fix it tomorrow'"
(Mary Anne Radmacher)

I mentioned briefly on Monday that I am learning right now to let myself be a beginner. It's hard, because whenever I start something new, my perfectionism kicks into high gear and tends to demand my attention. The truth is, as much as I LOVE to learn new things, I really don't like being a beginner. 

So this month, I am making an effort to stop beating myself up as I go through the process of learning new things. I am taking the time to listen to that quiet voice at the end of the day, and to trust it even. To trust my own process of learning and sharing and making. And to believe that there is courage and beauty in it just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment