Monday, February 10, 2014

in my studio: pattern book



the "in my studio" series is a chance for me to share bits and pieces of my crafting and design process, the work and inspiration behind my art. see previous posts here here and here.

One thing I've been meaning to do for ages now is re-do my pattern book. Back in the fall when I first opened the shop, I started printing off patterns as I designed them and storing them in a folder. The system was working, but it wasn't very portable or inspiring. I wanted a way to store my patterns that would make them easy to carry with me when I needed to, and that would fit the style and feel of my brand.


When I remembered this notebook I'd been saving, I knew it was perfect! I have a tendency to save really beautiful notebooks, not wanting to write in them until I have the perfect thing to say. A bit ridiculous really...but in this case, it worked out in my favor! 



I cut up the patterns and photos and pasted them into the notebook, using washi tape to decorate. The result is a bit scrapbook-y which I love, as I've always wished I was the scrapbooking type (see here and here). 

Anyhow, I'm very pleased with the result- it's inspiring me to design already! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment