Friday, August 16, 2013

Granny Chic





I have been a fan of Dottie Angel for some time now. I remember one rainy Saturday at Granville Island in Vancouver, stumbling across her book in a paper products store, and being totally enamored. I mean, what is not to love about bunting, hand-sewn aprons, and her "Granny Chic" style?

As I mentioned on Monday my mom and I got up to a lot of crafting while she was here visiting me. My poor dear husband. I'm sure he's afraid that one day he'll get home from work and his entire house will be covered in yarn! Because, that's basically what we did. We covered a bunch of stuff in yarn. We "granny-chic-ed" our apartment.

One of my favorite things my mom made for us while she was here is this lovely trim for the shelves in our kitchen. Knit lace trim just makes everything prettier! Our kitchen isn't exactly my favorite room in the house,(and it has terrible lighting so please excuse the photo quality!) but it just got a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment