Thursday, December 17, 2015

here and there


It's been awhile since I shared a list of some of the exciting things happening in the fiber community, so I thought I'd fix that today. Here's what I've been loving recently:

this knitting 101 series from arohra knits has a ton of great information for beginner knitters looking to take their craft to the next level. Frenchie has such a clear and informative way of writing about knitting, the posts really are fun to read through even if you're beyond the beginner stage. 

this video from pidge pidge is a stunning look at the weaving process. 

this Instagram feed is a peek into the process of spinner/weaver Amy. Her work really is stunning, and she does such a lovely job of sharing her process. 

this interview is so incredibly inspiring. I love getting a look at different fiber artist's workspaces and these photos do such a lovely job at showcasing the process of dying wool. 

this podcast is interesting and informative. I've been slowly making my way through the archives and I've really enjoyed the variety in guests and topics. I also love that it's based out of my hometown, Vancouver...

this yarn is absolutely gorgeous. I missed both of the two shop openings that have already taken place, but I'll be keeping my eye out for any future openings to see if I can get ahold of some!

also, I wrote a guest post on Clare's lovely blog that was published this week. Make sure to check out the whole series and Clare's lovely collection of hat patterns as well!

also, not fiber related but:

this Christmas wreath tutorial is written by my sister. There's still a bit of time for crafting before the holidays so be sure to check it out!

and check out this fundraiser going on over at Coffee and Crumbs. This is such a moving and important cause and a great chance to give a little extra during this season. 

PS. that spindle in the photo above was handmade for my auntie, to her exact specifications. her dog chewed off the hook on the top, but it still works great. AND that fiber is something I've been saving for ages, for when I'm "better" at spinning... but I've decided it just might be time to try working with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment