Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Rain City Hat re-release


Several months ago I released the pattern for my Polka Dot hat. The original version was a two toned design in shades of grey and dark purple. I really love this hat, the simple and versitile design, the understated polka dots. Sweet but simple, which is exactly my style. 

That being said, ever since knitting it up, I've had the idea in the back of my head to make one in just one color as I feel it's sometimes a little easier to wear. It took me longer than I originally planned but I finally managed to make a second hat in this design shortly before coming to Canada and my sister and I had a photo shoot at one of my favorite Vancouver Parks just a few weeks ago. 


This design was partly inspired by rainy days in favorite cities old and new. Whether it's the cobblestone alleyways and weathered castles of Marburg, or the tall glass buildings and windswept beaches of my beloved Vancouver, this hat is what I would wear while wandering the streets on overcast Fall days- crunching through leaves with coffee in hand.

I've also changed the name of this hat to the Rain City hat, as I hope it will remind me of my home whenever I wear it. 


We are already half-way through August and before we know it, Fall will be upon us. Although it will break my heart to leave my home, it's a bit of a consolation to know that I'll be going back to Marburg during my favorite season- there will be crunchy leaves, pumpkin spice and hat knitting waiting there for me. 

So because Fall is approaching (and because it's fun) I'm offering a little sale in my Ravelry shop until the end of the month on this pattern. No coupon necessary, the hat will be listed at a reduced price until the 31st. 

Happy Knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment