Saturday, June 27, 2015

here and there



there is so much good stuff going on in the fiber & textile community lately. today I thought I would share a few links that I've found here and there of people doing things worth sharing. Hope you find something interesting in here:

this video about a fiber mill in India that recycles old clothing into blankets is fascinating. A must see for sure! 

this yarn has one incredible story. My dear husband was born in Tajikistan and it's rare to meet someone who even knows where it is, so you can imagine how over the moon I was to learn about the woman's spinning cooperative that creates the yarn. 

this knit along is starting soon and I can't wait to jump in.

this blog is new to me and I'm so enjoying making my way through the archives. 

these socks. (insert heart eye emojis here)

this article on the Love Knitting blog shares 10 things you didn't know about knitting. I actually did know one or two of these things, but it's interesting to read all the same.

this studio tour is absolutely dreamy. so inspiring!

this shop is packed full of gorgeous products (I've got my eye on that ruler...) and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

this Instagram account is my lovely sister, who is selling a few items from her extensive closet. It's bidding style and closes July 1st so make sure to check it out! 

PS: that yarn in the photo above was purchased last weekend from a stand at the Flea Market. It's a hand dyed tweedy sock yarn, but the woman who made it doesn't have a website. It was a lucky find for sure. I'm trying to decide on a pattern and I'm still open to suggestions if you have any!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful things! These socks...yes yes yes! I like them too!

    ReplyDelete