Friday, June 5, 2015

even more knitting on the big screen

Since starting this blog, I've done a post each fall sharing some of my favorite knits found in movies. Recently I've come across so many wonderful knits that I just couldn't wait until Fall to share... though I can't promise that there's not another list in the making to share at a later point. 

(If you're interested you can read the first two posts here & here) 




First up is this lovely hat worn by Emma Stone in The Amazing Spiderman. This is from the first movie (which is loads better than the second) and there's even a pattern! It's no secret that I love a good cabled hat, and the color is just perfect. It's on my list of things to knit for sure. 



Several months ago I reread Emma by Jane Austen, which naturally led to watching the movie adaptation (starring Gwyneth Paltrow) on Netflix. There were several lovely knit shawls in this movie, but I think that pink one worn by Toni Collette was my favorite. (I know you can't really see it from the picture, but watch the movie and I promise you'll see what I mean!)



Ok so Waldi bought me About Time for my birthday and it's currently my favorite movie. The story is delightful and Rachel McAdam's character has such a lovely wardrobe. This white cabled sweater is probably my favorite. Beautiful stitching on the sleeves and the back even has buttons. I watched this with my mom when she was visiting and we both got pretty excited about the sweater.



So, this list has an over-representation of hats from superhero movies, but I just had to include this knit hat that Amy Adams wears in Man of Steel. Again, a bit hard to see from the photo but lovely in it's own right. 



And, yes, not a movie (or a great photo) but as I've shared, I've been re-watching Gilmore Girls over the past 7-8 months (currently on season 5) and I just can't get over how many wonderful scarves these girls have. My favorite is that crochet lace one Rory's wearing in this scene (again there's a pattern) but Lorelei has some awesome striped ones that remind me of one my grandma knit for me many years ago. (I'm not convinced about that hat though...)

5 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm constantly amazed and inspired by stuff people wear in movies/TV shows. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually almost prefer watching stuff on my computer over watching it on a "real" TV, if solely for the possibility to take a screenshot whenever something worth remembering appears on screen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Yes, I know what you mean. That's also why I started making these lists. It gives me a reason to take note whenever I spot something amazing.

      Delete
  2. Love that white cabled sweater, soo pretty! I get very inspired by clothing in films, not only for knitting but also for sewing - especially films and series set in the 1920s to 1940s are usually a visual feast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! that's so true. I especially love BBC for that. Have you seen Call the Midwife? So many beautiful dresses- made me wish I could sew. Hopefully soon!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, I LOVED Call the Midwife, the clothing was beautiful and very inspiring. The books are fantastic too btw (though not for the sewing, ha)

      Delete