Sunday, December 28, 2014

Goal Setting Round Up



I hope you've all been having a lovely holiday season. Things have been a little quiet on the blog lately, as I take time to celebrate (& Skype!) with family and friends, reflect on the year we've just had, and contemplate the year to come. In German people often refer to this time as 'between the years'. This confused me at first, but I actually really like it. It's a perfect description for this week of holidays where one year is wrapping up and the next is about the begin. 2014 was wonderful in many ways, but when I think about 2015 I can hardly wait. Waldi & I have some major goals for our coming year and just talking about them gets me so excited to start taking steps to make them a reality.

So today I thought I would do something a little differently. 

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of goal setting. I set small personal goals at the beginning of each season, but I also set bigger goals at the start of each year that I try and share with someone to keep me motivated. This time of year is always an exciting one for me, as I reflect on the past 12 months- what worked and what maybe didn't, as well as dream about the goals I'd like to set for the year to come. 

So today I thought I would do a round up of posts that I've written about setting goals and staying motivated/inspired to see them through in case you're also in the midst of writing out your goals for 2015. Obviously there are a TON of great writers and bloggers writing about this topic on the internet. But here's what I've got to say (and what I've said in the past). Here goes:


  • Thoughts on Setting Goals: this is the first post I ever shared about this topic. The photos need a serious overhaul but I still find myself resonating with every word I wrote. (I'm also in desperate need of taking my own advice as I write my goals for this year!)
  • One Word 2014: Like many others, I participate in the practice of choosing one word at the beginning of each year to sort of set the tone for what I'm hoping to achieve or focus on. I'll be sharing my word for 2015 soon, but for now here's my thoughts from last year.
  • Thoughts on Finding Creativity: this post is about staying motivated and inspired while doing creative work, and working towards those creative goals on your list.
  • Monthly Quote Project: Right at the beginning of this blog, I started the practice of choosing a quote at the beginning of each month. These are not necessarily my all time favorite quotes, but rather ones that have resonated with me in the moment. While not exactly goals, these quotes still speak to something I'm hoping to practice or experience during that month so I thought I'd include them in this list.
  • Tools for Learning to Knit: If one of your goals for 2015 is to learn to knit, here's a list of a few of my favorite resources to get you started! 
  • Tips for Learning a New Language: And finally, if one one your goals for 2015 is to learn a new language (or start learning one) here's a post with tips from my own experience in my first year learning German. 

Wishing you all a Happy New Year, whether you decide to set goals or not. I'll be back in 2015 with lots of new ideas (and goals), thoughts on my one word for 2015 and plenty of regularly scheduled posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment