I'm sure everyone who has a garden (or friends with a garden) is well aware of the abundance of zucchini that mid to late summer brings. We've reaped the benefits of our friend's garden often over the summer, and last week we were able to bring home a few last zucchinis with us. Today I thought I would share a few of our favorite ways to eat this delicious vegetable after harvesting!
- zucchini muffins have been a staple around here this summer. This is the best recipe I've yet to find.
- one simple way to use up a whole bunch of vegetables is to make a vegetable bolognese sause. We usually add zucchini, peppers, carrots, and celery to a basic homemade tomato sause and then sprinkle with a bit of parmesan. Yum!
- we've made this recipe for oven roasted zucchini sticks several times. works great as a side dish or an afternoon snack!
- probably the fastest and simplest zucchini dish we have in our repertoire is Fritatta. There's a ton of different ways to make this dish, but we usually pan fry some chopped onions and grated zucchini and then bake it with egg and feta in the oven for about 15 minutes. Delicious!
- I also tried this recipe for zucchini bread several weeks ago. Waldi loved it, but it turned out a little too moist for me. I'll have to keep experimenting!
- we LOVED this recipe for stuffed zucchini boats. Delicious!
- if all else fails, try this recipe for zucchini gratin. This is a classic dish that's perfect for early fall days.
what's next for us? Well, I'm hoping to try this recipe for Chocolate Chip Zucchini cake with what we have left!