Monday, September 22, 2014

little list of Fall goals



It's that time again. Here are my 5 small goals for my favorite of all the seasons.

1. learn more about baking bread

This may be way too ambitious but I would love to transition over the next few months to making all our own bread. I already do make some, but find I don't know enough about the process, or have enough recipes to keep up every week. I'm thinking I'd like to discover a few basic recipes (and a few experimental recipes!) that I can turn to over and over again. (PS to see what is inspiring me see this Pinterest board)

2. host Canadian Thanksgiving

I am so excited about this! Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday and the last two years we've not had the opportunity to really celebrate. This year, we're going all out. I've got the menu planned and we're hoping for the 29th of Sept (a little early, as Canadian Thanksgiving is officially the 2nd weekend of October but I'm not bothered...) so that my brother will still be here to celebrate with us. 

3. have a "wear handmade" week

Recently it's come to my attention that I don't wear the handmade items in my wardrobe as often as I would like to. I've got a bunch of things I've knit, crocheted or sewn myself and also things that were made by my mother and grandmother. So in October, I want to set aside a week and try everyday to wear something handmade. More on this soon...

4. take a course

I think it's the Back-to-School feeling in the air, but I've got the urge to learn something new. (Learn was also my one little word for 2014, so this fits well). Not sure yet what form the course will take- perhaps online, or maybe something here in Marburg, but I'm excited to see what I can come up with.

5. design something using my Mad Tosh Yarn

While in Hamburg, I was fortunate enough to pick up a skein of Madeline Tosh Tosh sock yarn. It's in the Cove colorway, and it is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to try my hand at designing something for it to become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment