Tuesday, August 26, 2014

on my needles- Augest



I don't think it's any secret that I am SO excited for Fall. All my projects recently have something to do with this lovely season that will soon be upon us. I've been super inspired by shades of brown and light blue & green (as you can seen in the photo above), and I've managed to finish Waldi's socks, which of course means I'm onto the next pair! Here's what I've been knitting lately:

shop designs: I'll be sharing more about this once September comes around, but I've got a few new designs in the works that I am very excited about!

Hermione's Everyday Socks: Ok, so I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person on Ravelry that has yet to knit these socks. Time to change that! I was looking for a sock pattern that was a little different. Something that would challenge me and expand my knowledge a little. I've never used the magic loop method and I'm excited to give it a try! In the end, I decided to make my socks in a deep raspberry colour. I don't often wear red, but I still wanted to make the socks in a Griffindor-ish colour. I think these are the perfect socks to be working on for Fall :) 

test knit: I've also been working on test knitting a pattern that I'm really excited about! More on this later...

Beekeeper's Quilt: I know, I know...I'm already making a blanket. But now that I've been making so many socks, and have so much left over sock wool, I decided to jump in and start my own Beekeeper's Quilt. This was one of the very first patterns I favorited on Ravelry, when I first started taking knitting seriously again and I've been wanting to cast it on ever since. So, I figured now is as good a time as any. I'm fully aware that it will take me the next 10-12 years to complete, and I'm ok with that! 

and that's it for now! what are you guys working on during these last weeks of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment