Friday, April 18, 2014

15 minute craft projects

last week I made a very simple bookmark in less than 10 minutes. This was such a fun and useful project and it got me thinking... what other simple projects can be easily made in a short amount of time? 

Here's a short list of things I've come up with! All these projects take less than 15 minutes, are simple, beautiful AND useful. What could be better? 


1. pom pom flowers
One of my favorite simple projects is to make some pom pom flowers to stick in a jar. I've made these for my home, for craft stands that I've had, and for weddings or other events. So simple and so effective. (If you've never made a pom pom, here is a short tutorial from One Sheepish Girl on how to use a pom pom maker)  


2. rolled beeswax candles
This takes literally 2 minutes to make. All you'll need is a wick and some beeswax sheets to roll. (often these can be bought in kits at a local craft store). These will look and smell great in your home!


3. hand stamped cards & tags
Similar to the bookmark idea, I love using my alphabet stamp set to make cards and tags. These look so cute tied onto gifts and I love how many possibilites there are- names, holiday greetings, or simple encouraging quotes and messages...all are lovely!



4. fabric scrap embroidery
Somehow I always seem to end up with a ton of fabric scraps lying around. This means I'm always looking for good projects that can be made with odds and ends. One thing I love to do is to cut out interesting shapes (birds, teacups, letters...) and sew them onto larger bits of fabric using embroidery thread. This makes great wall hangings, tote bags, tea towel decorations...the possibilities are endless!



5. knit trivets
Obviously, you'll need to know how to knit for this one. But if this is a skill you already have, you should be able to make one of these in around 15 mins. You can find the free pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment