Wednesday, February 26, 2014

journey KAL




This past month, I took part in Shannon Cook & Jane Richmond's Journey KAL. It was a really wonderful experience for me. Not only did it give me the push to make a pattern I'd had my eye on for awhile, but it was also the PERFECT project for me this past month. I shared a little while ago that I'd been feeling pretty uninspired and just drained creatively. I'm in the midst of developing a few products for spring and I had been feeling quite simply overwhelmed. Working on this shawl was almost therapeutic. I loved the repetitive stitch pattern and the counting of both stitches and rows. (I was always armed with a row counter and pencil in addition to the pattern, as you can see above) It was exactly what I needed!





I also love how it turned out. I decided to find a yarn that was a similar colour to what the model in the photos had, but I went with a plant fiber mix of mostly cotton. I wanted it to be a little lighter, as I'm planning on wearing it a TON this Spring. Doesn't it make a lovely scarf as well? I still need to block it (shhhh...) but I wore it around town yesterday anyways. Way too excited to wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment