Recently, I've had quite the urge to bake. Cold days and long nights have us cuddling up at home together, watching movies or reading and drinking tea. these cookies are the perfect addition to such a night!
I have no idea where I originally found this recipe, but it's become one of our favorites. The way I make these cookies now hardly even resembles the original recipe I had. Over the months I've changed it up to make it our own, using less sugar, more oatmeal, and such. These cookies are soft and chewy and not too sweet- so basically, perfect. You can sub the cranberries for raisins, chocolate, or nuts if you prefer!
1. preheat the oven to 170 degrees C (330F)
2. in a large bowl cream together 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar.
3. beat in one egg and add a tsp of vanilla
4. combine 2/3 cup flour with 1/4 tsp Baking Powder, and add to the sugar/butter/egg mixture.
5. mix in 1 1/2 cups oats and 1/2 cup cranberries (or whatever you've decided to add)
6. bake for 12-15 minutes.
note: These amounts will give you 10-12 generous sized cookies. It's the perfect amount for a small group of people. If you've got a larger family, just double the amounts :)