Saturday, July 6, 2013

June's Books




This month was a bit of a slow one for reading. 

I started out with Khaled Hosseini's newest novel And the Mountains Echoed. My husband, being the kind of guy he is, ordered it in the mail and kept it a surprise. (I love that guy...) And I loved the book too! 

Next I moved on to re-read Barbara Kingsolver's Animal Vegetable Miracle. I wrote a bit more of an in-depth review of it which you can find here.

Then it was time to read in German again. I found Julie Powell's Julie & Julia at our local library and figured it would be a good choice, since I've seen the movie and generally know the plot line. I was impressed with myself- I only looked up about 10 words in the entire book! The book I was less impressed with. If you haven't read it, I'd say just see the movie (shocking I know!)

Lastly I read through F. Scott Fitzgerald's Tender is the Night. It's been on my list for ages- beautiful and tragic, once again. After reading this, I'm fascinated by the relationship between F. Scott and his wife Zelda. Tender is the Night is thought to be a bit autobiographical, reflecting the tragedy of their own relationship and the age they lived and wrote in.

No comments:

Post a Comment